The MetroStar 4000 (MS4000) is a new generation of Gigabit Ethernet L2+ access switches for enterprise and FTTH networks. Built on a unique network processor and switching silicone solution, the MS4000 delivers a user experience that meets today’s challenge from the most demanding FTTH and enterprise networks.
The MS4000 is a Layer 2 access switch designed for network edge service control, network aggregation with high-performance switching and traffic classification and prioritization to deliver the ultimate user experience.
- Optimal allocation of bandwidth between applications;
- Maximum flexibility for traffic classification and control;
- FTTH Customer and Service VLAN topology ready;
- 10 Gbit/s uplink ports;
- 100Mbit/s and 1Gbit/s for copper and fiber downlink ports;
- Efficient distribution of TV including quality measurement.